Tim Altass Real Estate respects your right to privacy. We are bound by the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000. Those principles regulate how we collect, store, use and disclose personal information about you and other individuals.
Collection, Use and Disclosure.
In our agency business we collect, hold, use and disclose to third parties, personal information for a number of reasons:
• To carry out appointments as sales agents for clients selling their properties.
• To carry out appointments as property managers for rental property owners this includes processing tenancy applications and managing tenancy relationships and the tenanted property.
• To promote and market our services and the products and services of third parties (we will not disclose your personal information to third parties).
• To provide information on and promote properties for sale and rent to the market.
• To reply to enquires and information requests made by individuals.
• For internal business processed such as market research and billing.
• Where required by law.
We collect personal information about individuals:
• From individuals themselves – through application forms, appointment forms, agreements, correspondence including emails, our website and through verbal communications.
• From third parties (including from other agents, from operators of tenancy reference database and other publicly available databases and from referees) in the course of verifying and evaluating tenancy applications and managing arrangements and carrying out agency services for a client, including through property searches.
Search of Information.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is not subject to loss, misuse or unauthorised access to alteration. We will also take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer required.
Access to personal information.
If you would like to access or correct any personal information which we hold about you, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will take all responsible steps to correct any information which you show to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
If you have any requests, queries or comments which you would like to make please do not hesitate to contact us.